It’s been very hot here in California, and while I want to serve my loved ones good and healthy foods, cooking for long periods of time or otherwise creating heat anywhere in the house doesn’t excite me.
I am sure everyone’s got their own version of pasta salad, and I don’t claim this one is the best. But I do claim it’s the best I ever tasted, so go ahead and give it a try!
Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim’s special pasta salad:
- some cooked pasta – any shape you like, although I personally prefer the unusual ones, like bow ties or whatever strikes your fancy
- finely chopped green onions
- finely chopped dill pickles
- avocado, cut in chunks
- vine ripened, vine fresh tomatoes, cut up
- finely cut up cucumbers
- leftover pot roast, cut into small bite sized pieces
- handful green olives, cut up fine
- a few red radishes, shredded
- hard boiled eggs, cut up
- Balsamic vinegarette salad dressing
- extra balsamic vinegar
Mix all the ingredients together, and season with salt and pepper if needed. Make sure there is enough salad dressing, as the pasta will soak up some of it. Let it sit in the refrigerator until chilled and flavors have blended. Add more vinegar, if you like, and a couple drops of the finest olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped green onions if desired.
Start out with this, see if you like it and then go wild with your own creativity!